en fr



Diptyque was founded in 1961 by three friends who had been trained at the Ecole des Beaux Arts and in house decoration,

Desmond Knox-Leet, Christiane Gautrot and Yves Coueslant. They first produced their own printed fabrics and then began importing to Paris the most renowned English perfumes. In 1963 Diptyque started producing a series of scented candles which soon gained world-wide fame. In 1968 Diptyque produced its first eau de toilette, l'EAU, based on a XVIth century pot pourri and clove pomander recipe. This was to be followed by other creations, which came as eau de toilette or soap as well as a rare and sophisticated toilet vinaigre. Boxes in a sober design with elegant lettering and stylish drawings at the unmistakable hallmark of Diptyque products.

La Maison du Village, 10 rue du 8 Mai 1945, 13210 Saint Rémy de Provence
T�l. : +33 (0)4 32 60 68 20 - Fax : +33 (0)4 32 60 68 21

Powered by Comet Studio & design mozaik